When I started working as an International Student Recruiter, I knew it was time to upgrade my suitcase game. Naturally, I assumed I was going to have to spend a tonne of cash to get something good. Thankfully, my favourite store in the world, Costco, had exactly what I needed and for a very reasonable price. Behold! The Costco Samsonite Polycarbonate Suitcase Set.
Remember to subscribe to this blog and receive interesting posts, just like this one. Subscribe in the lower-right sidebar! Check out my other Costco Reviews and Tips related posts here. You may also want join my Facebook Group, Costco Money Saving Tips and Reviews here.
Up until a few years ago I traveled only occasionally and so I always used hand-me-down suitcases from my parents. This suited me just fine, well except for the time I arrived in Tokyo-Narita and couldn’t find my suitcase at the carousel. About an hour after arrival, a security guard appeared wheeling a cart with my suitcase. The only problem was that the zipper had completely broken and my stuff was now all over the place. Thankfully nothing was missing but the suitcase could no longer be used.
The Costco Samsonite Polycarbonate Suitcase Set rocks for the following reasons:
- Super Durable – I’ve had these suitcases for almost a year and a half now and they still look almost as good as they did when they were new. You have to look super close to see any nicks or marks and that’s not bad considering the amount of flights these suitcases have been through. A 10 year warranty from Samsonite comes with the set.
- Super Light-Weight – The 30 inch weighs 11.6 LBS and the 21.5 inch weighs 7.3 LBS. These suitcase weigh much less than anything I’ve ever had. Airlines are constantly scaling back luggage allowances and so every pound counts.
- The Price – I paid $180 CAD ($135 USD at current exchange rates)for mine.. It seems that Costco raised the price a bit as displayed in the photo below, still an amazing deal.
- Four Wheels – I’m used to dragging suitcases with just 2 wheels and I thought those were fine, but four wheels is great. Especially after 15 hour flight!
- The Look – I think they look pretty good. Enough said. 🙂