The recent Move 2 Electric Comox Valley Electric Vehicle Event just took place. The event featured privately owned Electric Vehicles(EV), owner presentations, and EV test drives. In addition, Trail Bicycles displayed Electric Bicycles and gave free test rides.
The event was well attended. A steady flow of people from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. Very impressive for the first year of the event.
Move 2 Electric Comox Success
I think there were a few different reasons why this event was so well attended… in no particular order.
- High Gas Prices – Nearby Vancouver has the most expensive gas in North America. For example, prices recently reached as high as a $1.789/litre. In contrast, a recent BC Hydro report estimated that electricity works out to about 25 cents/litre.
- Increased Range – The range of many electric vehicles has dramatically improved. For example, most cars featured had ranges of 365+ km.
- Federal and Provincial Incentives – The Federal government is currently offering a $5,000 rebate for a qualified EV purchase. Similarly, the B.C. government also currently offers an additional $5,000 rebate. In addition, the BC SCRAP-IT program currently offers $6,000 when replacing a conventional vehicle with a qualified EV. Therefore, a new EV buyer may be eligible for up to a $16,000 rebate.
The vehicles above are all owned by locals. Moreover, many of the owners gave presentations about their experience going electric. Very cool to see so many “regular” people expressing enthusiasm for their EVs. Likewise, it was nice to see such a great turnout at the event.
Below is a listing of some of the vehicles displayed:
- Chevy Bolt
- Hyundai Kona
- Tesla Model S and Three
- Ford C – Max
- Nissan Leaf
- Volkswagen E-Golf
- Smart Electric
- Toyota Prius Prime
- Kia Niro
Congratulations to everyone involved for planning and organizing such a great event!
- Comox Valley Nurses Nurses for Health & the Environment
- Trail Bicycles
- Watershed Sentinel
- Comox Valley Car Dealerships