Winter has now come to an end but that doesn’t mean I can’t still write about it! Truth be told, now is the perfect time to write about skiing/snowboarding review of Sun Peaks Resort because I visited four separate times. Here are my Top 7 Reasons to Visit Sun Peaks Resort Winter Edition!
Top 7 Reasons to Visit Sun Peaks Resort Winter Edition
- Second largest ski resort in Canada – Size matters. In fact, this maxim can be said for many things in life, but that’s an entirely separate topic. For now, let’s just say that when it comes to ski resorts, bigger is better! Many different runs = much more fun!
- Tonnes of intermediate runs – If you are a half decent skier/snowboarder, then Sun Peaks is perfect. Good for me as I consider myself at best an intermediate skier/snowboarder.
- Short chairlift wait times – I went to Sun Peaks Resort four separate times this season. Never did I spend more than a couple of minutes waiting to get on the chairlift. In fact, sometimes I just went directly on to this lift with no waiting at all. Especially true when you visit the Morrissey Express Lift!
- Wide open slopes – Another awesome thing about short-lines at the chairlift and a massive resort is that this also means that you often have the whole slope to yourself. Keep in mind, I always went to Sun Peaks on Saturdays which are typically the busiest day of the week. You’d never know it though! Sweet!
- The snow, bro! – All four times I visited Sun Peaks this season, I always had great snow conditions. It’s lame when conditions are icy or when there is poor snow coverage. Neither was a problem during any of the four times I visited.
- Location – Sun Peaks is only a 45 minute drive from Kamloops. Perfect for me since I currently live here. However, if you are not from here, you can always fly into Kamloops Airport(YKA) and make the short drive out there.
- Sun Peaks Snow Card – I love stretching my dollars and this card helps me maximize the fun, and minimize the cost. There are lots of different options so check out the link here and find the plan that suits you best. Remember to buy your card before the beginning of the season (around November 15 of each year) cause after that, the prices go up!
Hope you enjoyed my Top 7 Reasons to Visit Sun Peaks Resort Winter Edition. Feel free to share/like it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.